Monday, March 28, 2011

Ruffle.

I saw a picture of a ruffle cake a couple of months ago and knew that I had to try it. I didn't think it would be so soon. I was asked to make a red velvet cake, (which I don't like) there is just something about a red velvet cake that makes me not like the taste. Anyway I never want to disappoint. First baking of the cake total disaster, didn't bother to ice it. But second one looked good.

So I present my first Ruffle cake, oh and I didn't ruffle top as I ran out of icing. Opps will fix that next time, as this was only a test cake.

I put random red colouring thru icing bag to give a ripple effect.



Keeping this one small as it is blurry, but I had to show the inside as a friend said it is all about the red inside.

I was happy with first attempt, second and final cake will be another layer higher and will have the ruffles on top.

Now I may take a break for a few days as I have hit another snag on beanie.  Confusion on which row I am at. Can't wait for knitting club.

No comments:

Post a Comment