Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Baby Shower Cake

A baby shower cake. Not for me but a friend's sister, she is due very soon.  It was based on a Debbie Brown cake from the baby cakes book.


I made the stork and the baby.


I liked how the legs were wrinkly. 


Just after this photo the poor feet broke right in the middle, I couldn't believe it.


I still think it was cute.


I made the first babies head twice as big.


I was a bit worried about painting the blue on as I had never done it before. I wasn't sure if fondant had to be dry or not. I went with not, worked out fine.


Oh, look at the baby.


I had worked all day on  this cake, so by the time I got to the clouds and they weren't turning out as I wanted them to, I gave in to my has to be perfect self and did my best.


Over-all I thought that it turned out well and the mother to be came in to say thanks, so mission accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment