Sunday, November 6, 2011

Not A Pie Maker

Here it is, my first pastry made from scratch.


I have tried pastry before, as I love to eat it. Never before have they worked out.


So I had some time off work a few weeks ago and thought I would give it another go.


Lucky I did too, it worked out. I did have faith in the recipe. Armed with apples, I sautéed them in a little butter until soft. At the time I was drinking a pomegranate and blueberry juice, so I added a little of that and reduced it down.


I added a little crumble mix on top.


I forgot to photograph it after I cooked it and before we ate it. The end result was I golden crunchy top and a crisp semi-sweet pastry topped with vanilla ice cream of course.  (you will have to take my word for it.
I had leftover pastry that I took to work and made mini chocolate ganache tarts. They were good, as I ate 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment