Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Vanilla Extract

You just have to love it when things go as planned. I had this thought when I realised vanilla pods only came in two pod packets for heaps, that my cheap home-made gifts weren't going to be Cheap.


 Lucky I do not rest until I have find another option. Along came vanilla masters they were really helpful and vanilla for extract was really reasonable.


So many beans, I am no bean pod expert, but from previous pods these were really full.


Vodka, need I say more.


This is just after I have filled the bottles, I ended up topping them with a sugar syrup. 


In the cupboard for the long wait, two whole months.


A shake up once a day, the colour is really starting to darken.

2 comments:

  1. I have wanted to do this for so long! It's such a great idea and they look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Should it is so easy, but you have to use really good beans for flavour.

      Delete