Monday, January 9, 2012

First Wedding Cake

Well I never thought I would actually make someone's wedding cake the nerves, it was all too much to think about.

But, a wonderful lady that I admire and think the world of asked me if I could, how could I say no to her?

SO.....


The tiers before the flowers and before they were stacked.


Flowers, white and ivory roses and calla lilies.


I made the three tiers different colours as I thought it looked better.


The bottom tier is a chocolate cake with salted caramel butter cream, the middle tier is lemon cake with vanilla butter cream and the top tier is a light fruit cake with a lemon butter cream.


This was my fourth attempt at making roses, the practice is finally paying off.


Top tier flowers


We have bad humidity at the moment so the petals were breaking as I was attaching them.


Lucky I made a few.



I am happy with how it turned out.


Today is the wedding and it will be cut up, it will be the first time I see one of my cakes cut, apart from Ella's cat, but that was different for some reason.


This is the back view, I still wanted the back to look appealing as I am not sure how it is going to be displayed.


4 comments:

  1. Those roses are beautiful! Well done and lucky bride to have such a stylish wedding cake. And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Harriet, Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man you are soooo talented = This is amazing - if I ever need a wedding cake I know who Im comming to - but then again - do Winiata's marry = I think not hahaha xxxx

    ReplyDelete