Monday, January 23, 2012

Potted Garden

After visiting a farmers market, a stall owner was selling lettuce and herbs in little round buckets. They had handles for people to carry them away, I said to Mr W, "That's a cool idea I would like one!" the reply "you can go to Bunnings and make one." 


So I did, well I made two. Brought too many seedlings and used an old recycled rimu box that I kept Jakob's toys in when he was a baby.


I also spent more then the $10 the stall owner was asking and got seeds to replace the lettuce we are going to eat. I was so surprised that they grew in 4 days not 7-10 days like the packet said.  Also having not planted seeds since I was a kid, I thought these are so small I will plant a few, I have overcrowding.
I do have a plan for those, but will wait for them to get a little bigger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment