Sunday, October 16, 2011

Debbie Brown's Kitten

Okay, Debbie Brown is awesome. In the new mag Cakes and Sugar Craft, is this adorable kitten cake. I thought about my niece. She is turning 2 this week. Then I spoke with my brother and sister in law and what do you know Ella loves Cats. Puurrfect......


It is so cute inside is a cake with 3 little kittens playing.


My little guy, yes it is a boy.  I could have done a cute pink or white cat, but because my little girl is all colours, and I didn't have enough white fondant I went for the mottle colour.


I wasn't sure if I could pull this off, but so far so good.


I tired to give him a torn ear as Toms normally get into fights. I just need to add whiskers.


This morning I started the body, I can't wait to come home tonight and do his legs and put him all together.


I haven't decided what cake I am putting him on, Debbie has hers on a cushion it looks amazing. I will be adding photos of finished product by the weekend.



3 comments:

  1. So cute!! Love Debbie Brown's cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I was wondering if you know where I can purchase this magazine? I reallly want to make these kittens but can not find it anywere :(

    Would be grateful for your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I just saw your message now, I am not sure where you could get Magazineanymore. you can get recipe etc..in one of the debbie brown books that she does. It is called baby cakes by Debbie Brown you can get it on Amazon or if you live in New Zealand the library has it.

      Delete