Thursday, December 16, 2010

ALL FINISHED

It is all done and after wrapping the presents I started to delete the photos and realised I hadn't download the photos.  I wasn't happy I will have to take a photo tomorrow after it is opened. I did save one photo from destruction.


I also made my brothers birthday cake as it is his birthday tomorrow.  I must say it looks rather good.  But when I woke up this morning some of the ganache has gone a light brown colour Damn humidity I am guessing as I have made this ganache before and that has never happened.  Lucky I got photos of that before it turned bad. It is still edible.  It is only my second decorated cake so I feel good about it anyway.


I got asked for chocolate so chocolate he got, it is a mud cake with chocolate butter cream then layered with chocolate fondant with a chocolate ganache.  I also made fudge and put them in a mould and poured chocolate on top. Also the big pieces of chocolate is fudge dipped in you guessed it chocolate.


I thought I should write happy birthday as well, so he knows I made it for this birthday and not our christmas get together.


 I cut out fondant hearts and piped ganache around the edge.


Anyway that is about it. Christmas comes early tomorrow, yum good food and family laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment