Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mini Cake.

This cake had given me trouble from the first time it came out of the oven.   I covered it in fondant 3 times, the piping work I had decided to do looked like my four year old niece did it, I thought I can cover the whole thing in royal icing or take the fondant off and cover it for the fourth time.  I couldn't bear the thought of covering it for the fourth time so out with the palette knife and BAM... A fondant royal icing cake.


So I went out and got some Gerbera's to see if I could make it look beautiful so I could give it to the intended person.


It was pouring with rain in the morning so what better way to feel better about the day then a cup of coffee and Caramel slice for Michael and Berry crumble slice for me.


I looked at a few options before I settled on this end result.


It kind of looked like a little Pav, If only pavlova looked like this.


I think it ended up cute, and I was told it was delicious so mission accomplished.





No comments:

Post a Comment